Essex Realty Group, Inc. has been exclusively engaged to market for sale, 908 North California Avenue, a large six flat on an extra-large lot in the Smith Park neighborhood of Chicago.
The building consists of three spacious 2 bed/1 bath apartments, two 3 bed/1 bath apartments & one 1 bed/1 bath converted storefront apartment. The units are in vintage condition, with some bathrooms having light updates. All apartments are spacious & bright and feature separate individual gas furnaces and hot water heaters, along with hardwood floors and common laundry in the basement. An opportunity exists for an investor to raise current rents to market level by updating kitchens & baths, adding in-unit laundry and individual HVAC.
Essex conducted an extensive marketing campaign resulting in over 12 property tours.
The Smith Park neighborhood of Chicago is located a few miles west of Chicago’s Loop and offers views of Chicago’s skyline from most parts of the neighborhood. Smith Park is one of many subsets of the West Town neighborhood, a rapidly changing area that is becoming one of Chicago’s most desirable places to live. The neighborhood has a diverse demographic, and offers an array of colorful galleries and museums, independent theaters, quaint coffee shops, and a booming restaurant & nightlife scene. 908 North California Avenue is in the heart of Smith Park, just blocks from Chicago Avenue & Division Street, as well as within close proximity to many public transportation outlets.
- Jumbo Six-Flat on Extra-Large Lot
- Huge 3 Bedrooms in the Front, Large 2 Bedrooms in the Rear + One Converted Storefront Apartment
- Units are Spacious & Bright with Individual Furnaces, Water Heaters & Hardwood Floors
- Significant Rental Upside Achievable by Updating Kitchens, Baths, Adding In-Unit Laundry & Individual HVAC
- Ideal Smith Park Location, Within Walking Distance to Chicago Avenue & Division Street